84. Al Mujeeb ……………………………….3
85. Al Qareeb………………………………..8
86. Al Ghaniyy……………………………..12
87. Al Wahhaab……………………………17
88. Al Muhyee………………………………21
89. Ash Shaafee…………………………..25
90. Al Musta’aan…………………………..30
91. Al Ghaalib………………………………34
84) Al Mujeeb
This Name of Allah is mentioned in the Qu’ran Once. Allah says:
And Noah had certainly called us and [We are] the best of responders. [as Saffaat 37:75]
Lingusitic meaning: to answer, reply, respond, and accept, to have a dialogue or conference.
Share’ee meaning: He is the One who responds to needs, He answers prayers and He is the One who penetrates each obstacle in order to respond.
Responding to Each Request with Ease
The Name Al-Mujeeb is related in meaning to Al-Hakeem (The All-Wise), Al-‘Aleem (The All-Knowing), As-Samee’ (The All-Hearing), Al-Baseer (The All-Seeing), Al-Wahhaab (The Giver of Gifts) and Al-Kareem. He responds to our requests in a way that displays His ultimate wisdom and knowledge. While we call out to Him He is All-Hearing and All-Seeing and He often gives us more than we deserve or even ask. He is the Most Generous, Al-Kareem.
His amazing power and wisdom in responding to our requests is demonstrated in this part of a beautiful hadith qudsi:
O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it.. [Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]
Benefits we can learn from this Name
- 1. Respond to the call of Al-Mujeeb. Al-Mujeeb says:
And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. [al Baqarah 2:186].
Your share in this Name is that you are responsive to the commandments of Al-Mujeeb.
- 2. Know the art of asking. Ask for His forgiveness before you ask for anything, as was the formula of the Prophet Yunus ‘alayhi sallam when he desperately needed his supplication to be answered to be saved from the belly of the whale. Ask Al-Mujeeb for everything (halal) you wish in the Hereafter but also in this world. He loves it that you ask Him for everything you need in your deen and dunya (worldy matters). Ask him for clothing, a house to live in, food, drink, guidance, success etc.
- 3. Think good of Al-Mujeeb. Al-Mujeeb does not disappoint a believer who calls upon Him, however don’t be hasty as His delay is not His denial. The answer to your dua’ might come in a different form or time you wanted or expected. Made under the right circumstances – such as not earning haram income when asking Him or asking Him for something haram, like cutting of family ties – Al-Mujeeb responds to your dua, postpones it or prevents something bad from happening.
- 4. Respond to the servants of Al-Mujeeb. Be of those who don’t just respond to the plight of those in need but of those who also actively themselves look for those who are in need of support. Have an active attitude in relation to the requests of the environment you live in and of the Ummah as a whole.
- 5. Practise four powerful Quranic supplications for four powerful responses.
Al-Mujeeb relates to you the responses He gave after being supplicated to in different types of hardship. So whenever you are in a similar situation, apply the same dua’ and have faith in the response of Al-Mujeeb!
1) When you feel sad, say:
And [mention] the man of the fish, when he went off in anger and thought that We would not decree [anything] upon him. And he called out within the darknesses, “There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.”
[al Anbiya 21:87]
So We responded to him and saved him from the distress. And thus do We save the believers. [al anbiya 21:88]
2) When you feel scared say:
Those to whom hypocrites said, “Indeed, the people have gathered against you, so fear them.” But it [merely] increased them in faith, and they said, Sufficient for us is Allah, and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs. [ale Imran 3:173]
So they returned with favour from Allah and bounty, no harm having touched them.
[ale Imran 3:174]
3) When you are ill say:
And [mention] Ayyub when he called to his Lord, “Indeed, adversity has touched me, and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful” [al Anbiya 21:83]
So We responded to him and removed what afflicted him of adversity. And We gave him [back] his family and the like thereof with them as mercy from Us and a reminder for the worshippers [of Allah]. [al Anbiya 21:84]
4) When you feel hurt by other people say:
And you will remember what I [now] say to you and, I entrust my affair to Allah. Indeed, Allah is Seeing of [His] servants [al Ghaafir 40:44]
So Allah protected him from the evils they plotted, and the people of Pharaoh were enveloped by the worst of punishment. [al Ghaafir 40:45]
Learn these and say them with yaqeen that Al Mujeeb will answer you when you call upon Him.