Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
50. Al Haafidh………………………………….3
51. Al Hafeedh ………………………………..3
52. Al Waliyy……………………………………8
53. Al Mawla………………………………….13
54. An Naseer………………………………..15
55. An Naasir…………………………………16
56. Al Wakeel…………………………………20
57. Al Kafeel…………………………………..20
58. Al Kaafiy…………………………………..28
59. Al Fattaah…………………………………33
50) Al Hafidh 51) Al Hafeedh
The Name Al Hafeedh has been mentioned in the Qur’an 3 times. Allah says:
Indeed we have send down the Qur’an and we will be its guardian. [al Hijr 15:9]
Allah also says:
But if they turn away, [say], “I have already conveyed that with which I was sent to you. My Lord will give succession to a people other than you, and you will not harm Him at all. And you will not harm Him at all. Indeed my Lord is, over all things, Guardian. [Hud 11:57]
And Allah says:
And he [Iblees] had over them no authority except [if it was decreed] that We might make evident who believes in the Hereafter from who is thereof in doubt. And your Lord, over all things, is Guardian. [Saba 34:21]
Linguistic meaning: memorised accurately, to guard, to protect,
Shar’ee meaning: Hafidh – memorised, impossible for Him to ever forget and make error in memorisation. Al Hafeedh is the Ultimate preserver, Guardian and Protector of the whole creation.
Al Hafeedh protects and guards at all cost, not letting anyone damage, hurt or upset in anyway. Allah has also guarded and protected the Qur’an.He has preserved the true tafsir, and all the qira’aat and ahruf (different ways of reciting the Qur’an). Allah preserved and protected and saved everything by the writing of lawhal mahfoodh and by writing of the angels on our shoulders, and the earth also is a witness to what happens on it.
Allah ‘azza wajall negated forgetfulness for Himself; He will protect and guard knowledge and never forget it. Musa ‘alayhi sallam testified to this fact, saying:
[Musa] Said, “The knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor forgets.” [Taha 20:52]
We should know that haafidh is made of three aspects; first knowledge (‘ilm), then preservation (hifdh) and then recompense (hisaab). For example, removing a small piece of dirt from the floor so it wouldn’t make someone slip – even though no one saw it, you need to be sure that Allah knows about it, then you should be sure He will preserve it (hifdh) and finally you should be certain that Al-Hafeedh will recompense you for it.
This goes for anything anyone does for Allah’s Sake. Therefore there’s a relation between the beautiful Names Al-‘Aleem (the All-Knowing), Al-Hafeedh (The All-Preserving) and Ash-Shakoor (The Appreciative).
Allah grants hifdh/protection to the creation in 2 ways
1) General protection to all the creation, kuffar or muslims, e.g. preventing the sky falling upon them or preventing the sun from burning them etc. He has given the whole of the creation ability to sense evil as the whole creation is created upon fitrah – until it is completely corrupted. Every person has an opportunity for hidayah.
2) Specific protection for His awliya – for those whom He loves, and takes as friends – He becomes their Wali and Mawla.
If Allah can protect something so spectacular like the Qur’an, so accurately and precisely so much so that in all these years not a single dot has been changed from the Qu’ran, then imagine how He can protect His slaves.
???????? ??????? ?????????
Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you.
Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:
“O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you (in other translations it says “Safeguard Allah ad He will safeguard you”) Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.”
[Al-Tirmidhi relates this and says: It is a good, genuine Hadith ibn Rajab al Hanbali wrote a treatise explaining this hadith entitiled “Legacy of the Prophet.”]
In a version other than that of al-Tirmidhi it reads:
“..Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.”
“Be mindful of Allah, and He will protect you” This phrase “Be mindful of Allah” means to be mindful of His set limits and legislation by complying with His commands and abstaining from His prohibitions. Be mindful of Allah concerning your religion, family, wealth, and yourself since Allah will recompense the good doers in accordance to their perfection in worship. We learn from this that whoever is not mindful of Allah, then he does not deserve Allah – The Mighty, The Majestic – protecting him, and within this is an encouragement of being mindful of the set limits of Allah, The Mighty, The Majestic.
Benefits we can learn from these Names
- Fear Al-Hafeedh. Depending on whether your deed was good or bad al-Hafeedh will reward you or punish you, so this Name gives you both hope (rajaa) and fear (al-khawf or khashiyah).Know that Allah is our supervisor, someone looking over us all our life. One who doesn’t forget anything, protects and preserves everything. When the believer knows Allah is always looking over us, it grants the fruit of tawakkul and the fruit of khawf in the heart. Allah has this knowledge preserved whereas maybe we forgot or saw it as insignificant.
- Be motivated by Al-Hafeedh. Al-Hafeedh is heedful of everything you do by His knowledge, He orders His angels to record everything you do. Even the smallest deeds, like coming to an Islamic lecture, sitting nicely, and making notes— Al-Hafeedh will preserve and appreciate it. When you know this you will really be a slave of Allah ‘azza wa jall and not of people.
- Remember people. One of the sifaat ul mu’mineen – Attributes of the believers— is being mindful and attentive to others. The best example of this quality of remembering is the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, who never forgot Khadeejah radiyallaahu ‘anha even years after her death. He would frequently remember her and talk about her.
- Memorise the Quran. Work hard to be of those who preserve His Book, the Quran, by memorising it. When memorizing His Book call upon Al-Hafeedh and ask Him to preserve and keep it in your mind.
- Strive for the special protection of Al-Hafeedh. Abu Tayyib At-Tabaree, an early scholar, was about hundred years old and he was physically strong like the young man. Once after an exhausting journey, Abu Tayyib At-Tabaree jumped off the boat on the land. People were amazed. He said: When I was a young man, I preserved these bodily limbs from the disobedience of Allah and Allah preserved them for me in my old age. [Ibn Rajab] To receive the special protection of Al-Hafeedh in your religion and your worldly affairs, the Prophet said:
Guard Allah (His commands) and He will guard and protect you. [Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi]
- Be thankful to Al-Hafeedh. Al-Hafeedh preserves your body in an amazing way; only imagine if your blood would freely flow into your brain. Be thankful to Al-Hafeedh for the way He preserves you and protects you in ways you don’t even realise.
Look around you and be amazed by the way Al-Hafeedh is able to preserve even the biggest creations. It is He Who preserved the sky from falling on us. Allah is Al-Hafeedh and He guides humans for a means to even preserve food, health, and wealth.
- Repent to Al-Hafeedh. This Name should shake you even more than the Name Al-‘Aleem, because Al-Hafeedh not only implies that He knows everything, He even remembers the smallest things. You need the forgiveness of Al-Hafeedh, so another important impact of this Name is that it will make you not delay but hasten to repent.
Please download the pdf document for the rest of the names to this part. In shaa Allah part 10 to follow next week in shaa Allah.